Huawei Announces the Budget-Minded Honor Holly 2 Plus
Huawei’s Honor Holly was in for a largely overdue update after being announced in 2014, and that’s exactly what we’ve gotten with the new hardware refresh. The new Honor Holly 2 Plus comes with a large display and battery as well as a much acceptable price.
Details of the Huawei Honor Holly 2
The phone comes with a 5” IPS display with HD 720p (720 x 1280) resolution. It features a polycarbonate plastic build with metallic feel for a pretty generic design, all rounded off with a textured back panel.
Under the hood, behold a 64-bit MediaTek MT6735P processor with four Cortex A53 cores, along with 2 GB worth RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, which is expandable via microSD card slot.
At the back lies a 13 megapixel camera with LED Flash, and which should be capable of shooting at least HD video, along with a 5 MP shooter up front. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
The phone is powered by a moderately large 4,000 mAh battery. The Honor Holly 2 Plus will be available in either Black or White.
Prices start at around $150 for the phone, but it will be worth seeing if they remain the same elsewhere or not.
Specifications of the Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus:
- CPU: 1.3 Ghz quad core Cortex A53 with Mali 720 GPU
- Chipset: 64-bit MediaTek MT6735P
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Huawei Emotion UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: Polycarbonate build with a textured back panel
- Display: 5” IPS with 720p (720 x 1280) resolution
- Memory: RAM: 2 GB / Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Camera: Primary: 13 MP with LED flash / Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE, GPS/GLONASS, microUSB
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Price: around $150